Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flourless Brownies

They're really good.
Inspired by my recent post about cutting down on junk food by making your own, these brownies are YUMMY.  They do not have the consistency of regular brownies, but are a low sugar, healthy alternative to packaged cookies and are also a great way to use your extra summer zucchini!  Inspired from a recipe from Fast Paleo.






1 cup almond butter or peanut butter
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini, packed tight
1/3 cup raw honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-3 tsp 5 spice powder
6 oz of high quality dark chocolate, 70% or higher, cut into chunks
oil for greasing a pan (I used coconut oil)


Preheat Oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Grease a pan and pour mixture in.

Bake 25-35 minutes or until fork or toothpick comes out clean.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can testify that you will be glad you made these. Absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Think I can do it with sunflower butter? Allergy to the peanut and almond... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Try it and let me know how it goes!

      Delete